AT A GLANCE
- new trips just listed @ 6pm on Sunday 12 May
- DATES: SUN 7th JULY – TUE 16th JULY and SUN 21st JULY – TUE 30th JULY
- PRICE $5,750 U.S.D. per person
- the ultimate Montana trip for Australian fly fishers
- this trip includes 7 days fishing / 1 travel day & 9 nights lodging + extra days can be added to the back end of the trip
- drift boat fish the Bighorn, Missouri, Madison, Henry’s Fork, South Fork etc
- the trip price is based on twin-share and priority will be given to those booking with a friend. We may be able to find you a partner if you are unable to bring a friend – so please ask us when inquiring.
- Fish ’til you drop or go at a more leisurely pace.
- trip price is inclusive of all transport, guided fishing and lodging.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE FISHING IN THE VIDEO BELOW
|SUN 7||Arrive Bozeman airport and drive to destination 1|
|MON 8||Full day drift boat fishing FISHING DAY 1|
|TUE 9||Full day drift boat fishing FISHING DAY 2|
|WED 10||Full day drift boat fishing FISHING DAY 3|
|THU 11||Rest day as we move locations. Sightseeing. NO GUIDED FISHING|
|FRI 12||Full day drift boat fishing FISHING DAY 4|
|SAT 13||Full day drift boat fishing FISHING DAY 5|
|SUN 14||Full day drift boat fishing FISHING DAY 6|
|MON 15||Full day drift boat fishing FISHING DAY 7|
|TUE 16||Trip ends at Jackson Hole, Wyoming.|
With reliable data now readily available on the snow-pack and likely water levels in July, we are adding one final trip to Montana for July 2019.
Starting out on either the Bighorn or Missouri rivers, trip participants will first be treated to three days of amazing, hatch based dry fly fishing; Montana style. There will be big numbers of good sized rising trout in the mornings and afternoons, with some outrageous evening rises. Not to mention the chance to throw larger terrestrials throughout the heat of the day.
While the decision of which one of these two rivers to visit will be left until the last minute (we take every moment to carefully assess the conditions before committing to one over the other); we are speaking about two of the best rivers on the planet, both with huge insect and fish populations. Either one of them will provide us with the chance for some excellent dry fly fishing, far surpassing anything we could ever dream of in Australia.
At the end of our three days fishing in Montana, we will have a non-guided day (Thursday 11th July) of travel as we drive down into Idaho for the balance of the trip, consisting of four days fishing the Henry’s Fork, South Fork of the Snake and /or Teton rivers.
The Teton valley is one of the lesser-known gems of the Rocky Mountain fly fishing scene, boasting an array of extraordinary fishing opportunities including spring creeks, tailwaters, wilderness canyon rivers and more.
Every one of the aforementioned rivers would make it onto ‘the top ten dry fly fisheries on earth’ list; all having world-class hatches and big numbers of fish. Some having upwards of 7,000 trout per mile!!
We provide you with seven days of drift boat fishing, eight nights accommodation, and all transport. All you need to do is get yourself to the starting point of the trip at Bozeman airport on Sunday 12th July – and we will drop you off at Jackson Hole airport on Monday 15th July; at which point you can either fly home, or rent a car and continue on fishing.
This trip will offer up a veritable feast of dry fly fishing opportunities, falling as it does at the very peak of the norther hemisphere, high-summer fishing season. It is suitable for fly fishers of all ages, fitness or experience levels; and to date has been popular with couples, families, and groups/pairings of friends.
With the vast majority of the fishing being done from drift boats, there is no need to walk big distances, or navigate rough terrain. Over the years we have had clients that range from 16-81 years of age who have done this trip.
We can only accommodate up to four people on this trip, so please phone us on 03 5773 2513 or 0418 995 611 to discuss the options.
KEY REASONS FOR CHOOSING US FOR YOUR USA FLY FISHING TRIP
– due to our long standing relationships with many people in the fly fishing industry – we can ensure that you experience the best fishing available at the time of your trip.
– we deal with all the outfitters, guides and accommodation providers in the USA on behalf of our group – meaning that you only deal with us. Transactions are with an Australian company that you can trust (25 years in business) and who you can phone/visit at any time to discuss any aspect of the trip.
– we have extensive experience traveling to and from, as well as within the region (Idaho/Montana/Wyoming). We can assist you with every aspect of the trip; from what gear to pack, to which travel insurance policies are best, and everything else in between. We also know most of the better operators across Idaho / Montana / Wyoming region and can help you to organise any extra fishing / touring time that you may have, either pre or post trip.
– we can offer an amazingly diverse array of world-class water to fish. We have colleagues who guide on all the aforementioned rivers and therefore we have the most up to date and honest information required to ensure that we put in the right place at the right time. This allows us an incredible variety of fishing options over the course of the trip and means we are not tied down to an area 12 months in advance when we have no idea what the conditions will be in summer.
– small group sizes of 4 – 6 participants.
– our team will be with you for the duration of the trip; from the moment you arrive in Bozeman, to the time you depart for home 8 days later.
I’M INTERESTED IN GOING? WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
1. Phone us to discuss your needs and determine whether this trip is a good fit.
2. Visit the ESTA website and get a Visa waiver for travel to the USA.
3. Organise your travel insurance.
4. Book your spot by paying us a 50% deposit, with balance due no later than four calendar months prior to the start date of your trip.
Phone us on 03 5773 2513 with any questions that you have. We are available from 8am – 10pm, every single day of the year and we can assist you with all aspects of the trip.
Please note the Cancellation Policy before making a booking. ;-)
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MORE PHOTOS FROM OUR IDAHO-MONTANA TRIPS