AT A GLANCE
- this trip offer was updated @ 12pm on Thursday 17 October
- SCHEDULED DATES:
- TUE 7th JULY – SAT 18th JULY, 2020
- SUN 19th JULY – THU 30th JULY, 2020
- TUE 7th JULY – SAT 18th JULY, 2020
- 9 days of guided fly fishing and 11 nights of accommodation with one full day off for sightseeing.
- includes all transport, accommodation and guided fishing. A lower priced self-drive option also available. See details below.
- fish the famed Missouri, Beaverhead, Madison and Big Hole rivers in Montana; and the Henry’s Fork, South Fork and Teton rivers in Idaho.
- twin-share accommodation / fishing each day.
- lunches are included on all guided days. Breakfasts and dinners at local restaurants.
- strictly limited to 10 people.
- Suitable for all fly fishers regardless of age / experience / fitness level. The pace of the trip is adjusted to the anglers who book. Bring a friend or let us find you a partner. Couples are most welcome!! We have three couples already booked.
- PRICE of $6,995 U.S.D. per person or just $6,495 U.S.D. if you choose the self-drive option.
- optional extra to do the famous South Fork Hilton overnight luxury wilderness camp out. See details below.
- can’t do the scheduled dates but have a group of four or more anglers? We can run this trip at anytime. Price on application for customised trips.
|TRIP 1 ITINERARY JULY 2020|
|TUE 7||Arrive Bozeman airport and drive to Craig, Montana|
|WED 8||Full day fishing Missouri River|
|THU 9||Full day fishing Missouri River|
|FRI 10||Full day fishing Missouri River then drive to Dillon, Montana|
|SAT 11||Full day fishing Beaverhead / Madison / Big Hole|
|SUN 12||Full day fishing Beaverhead / Madison / Big Hole|
|MON 13||Full day fishing Beaverhead / Madison / Big Hole|
|TUE 14||Rest day sightseeing while driving to Victor, Idaho|
|WED 15||Full day fishing Snake / Teton / South Fork / Henry’s Fork|
|THU 16||Full day fishing Snake / Teton / South Fork / Henry’s Fork|
|FRI 17||Full day fishing Snake / Teton / South Fork / Henry’s Fork|
|SAT 18||Trip ends at Jackson Hole Airport|
|SUN 19||Arrive Bozeman airport and drive to Craig, Montana|
|MON 20||Full day fishing Missouri River|
|TUE 21||Full day fishing Missouri River|
|WED 22||Full day fishing Missouri River then drive to Dillon, Montana|
|THU 23||Full day fishing Beaverhead / Madison / Big Hole|
|FRI 24||Full day fishing Beaverhead / Madison / Big Hole|
|SAT 25||Full day fishing Beaverhead / Madison / Big Hole|
|SUN 26||Rest day sightseeing while driving to Victor, Idaho|
|MON 27||Full day fishing Snake / Teton / South Fork / Henry’s Fork|
|TUE 28||Full day fishing Snake / Teton / South Fork / Henry’s Fork|
|WED 29||Full day fishing Snake / Teton / South Fork / Henry’s Fork|
|THU 30||Trip ends at Jackson Hole Airport|
This whirlwind road trip of Montana and Idaho begins at Bozeman Airport (Montana) and ends 12 days later at Jackson Hole Airport, (Wyoming).
Participants will be met by our team at Bozeman Airport and then driven to Craig, Montana (2h 20m); our first stop for three nights and three days fishing on the legendary Missouri River.
|LOCATION 1||RIVERS TO BE FISHED||# OF NIGHTS|
|Craig, MT.||Missouri River||3|
Staying on the best section of the ‘Mighty Mo’; one of the best trout rivers on earth, you will be well-placed for the three days of drift bat fly fishing to follow. This upper section of the river, immediately below the Holter Dam and near the town of Craig, can best be described as ‘spring creek’ like.
It is approximately 50-90 metres wide and mostly 3-5 feet deep with amazing weed-beds, and stupendous numbers of aquatic insects.
Perfect trout water.
It has ridiculous numbers of both brown and rainbow trout, the sizes of which regularly see it ranked among the best trout fisheries in the lower 48. We guarantee that you will see more trout than you’ve ever seen before. And you’ll catch quite a few of them too!
Drifts will start by 9 a.m. and go through until around 5 p.m., with the option to start as early as 6.30 – 7 a.m. for those who want to try their hand at trico fishing at first light and beat the afternoon heat.
We use only the best of the local guides sourced through our great friends Chris and Jerry at The Troutshop in Craig. They are living legends on this river, and they operate one of the finest Flyshops / Outfitters to be found anywhere in the world.
So trust us when we say that you will be in the very best of hands.
While morning’s in mid-July offer insane hatches and dry fly fishing, the evening rises can also be out of this world. Huge caddis hatches, with some duns popping and spinner falls; occur most evenings. For those wanting to fish ’til they drop, we can sneak back out to some great areas to fish the last of the day away.
Having sad that, we find that most trip participants have caught enough fish during the day to not feel compelled to have to go back out on evening. Most preferring to have few drinks before retiring at a decent hour in order to repeat the entire cycle the following day.
The option to fish on these evenings on the Missouri is available though.
On the Wednesday afternoon, after three very big days of fishing; we will stop off for a quick shower at the lodge, and then we’ll drive you south, the two and a half hours to Dillon, Montana; for the second leg of the trip.
|LOCATION 2||RIVERS TO BE FISHED||# OF NIGHTS|
|Dillon, MT.||Beaverhead, Big Hole, Madison||4|
Here you will definitely get the opportunity to fish the incredible Beaverhead River with its trophy brown trout. This is a very small, narrow, meandering river, with excellent dry fly and nymph fishing. Also within striking distance of the town of Dillon are the Big Hole, Jefferson, Ruby and Madison rivers. All world-class fisheries in their own right. There are simply too many world-famous rivers to fish in this area; and the three days are guaranteed to meld into a kaleidoscope of water, fish and spectacular scenery.
All of the aforementioned rivers are world-famous and for good reason. They all offer amazing fishing to wild fish in stunning country.
We stay here four nights, before a rest day while moving onto the final leg of the trip.
Bo releasing a fish on the Beaverhead River, Montana.
On Sunday 19th we will get up and head east towards Yellowstone National park for a rest day of leisurely sightseeing and touring. With our staff at the wheel, you can sit back and take in the view as we drive you across into Yellowstone National Park to see the main attractions en route to Idaho. Think geysers, wildlife and some stunning scenery.
We will even have the opportunity of stopping for a terrific lunch at one of our favourite restaurants along the way.
Arriving in the small town of Victor later that day, we will then settle in and prepare for the next three days of fishing.
|LOCATION 3||RIVERS TO BE FISHED||# OF NIGHTS|
|Victor, ID.||Snake, South Fork, Henry’s Fork, Teton||4|
The town of Victor is located in the quiet and often overlooked Teton Valley. This picturesque valley, and the areas immediately adjacent, are a hidden treasure and are home to some of the best dry fly rivers in the entire USA. The South Fork of the Snake. The Teton. The Henry’s Fork are but a few of the legendary streams within short driving distance of our accommodation. Not to mention the Snake River proper; a mere half hour over the pass into Wyoming.
Every one of the aforementioned rivers would make it onto a ‘world’s top ten dry fly rivers’ list; all having world-class hatches and big numbers of fish. Some having upwards of 7,000 trout per mile!!
The South Fork offers an almost unparalleled drift boat fishing experience. From run-and-gun blind fishing the banks with big rubber-legged flies; to stalking shallow gravel bars covered with cutthroat trout feeding on the Pale Morning Dun (PMD) hatch. This incredible river is located only 35 minutes from our accommodation.
The small and intimate Teton River is almost the polar opposite of the South Fork. A large spring creek with plenty of slow water and numerous fish rising to a multitude of bug hatches that include PMD’s, tricos, yellow sallies and many other mayfly and caddis species. It also has tremendous terrestrial fishing and a canyon trip that has to be experienced to be believed with the launch itself requiring a team of men to get the boat via hand and rope to the bottom of a mountain!
In this valley you will find fishing and scenery that is hard to match; and believe it to be the perfect location to end the trip. This will be our tenth consecutive year of fishing this valley with groups of our clients.
WorldCast Anglers will be providing the guides on this leg. Mike and the team offer an exemplary guide service and have been looking after our groups of Australians for many years now.
We promise that you will not want to leave this valley. I was meant to stay here three days on my first visit and ended up staying three months!
After three days of guided fishing and four nights lodging in Victor, the trip will end the following day at Jackson Hole airport.
WATCH THE VID LEARN MORE ABOUT THE FISHING IN THE TETON VALLEY
On this trip, we provide all of the transport so you don’t need to worry about car rentals, the cost of fuel, having reception for Google Maps; or driving on the opposite side of the road!
We will collect you from Bozeman Airport at the beginning of the trip, and drop you off at Jackson Hole Airport at trips end. Travelling in three brand new Chevy Suburbans, there will be plenty of room for both you and your bags to travel in comfort.
Those wishing to get their own rental car are welcome to select our self-drive option; at a saving of $500 U.S.D per person off the trip price (making it $6495 U.S.D. per person). This is a great choice for those who book with a fishing partner or small group of friends. It also means that you’ll be able to move about independently when not out fishing.
You can rent a small to mid-sized car for around $300-400 for the twelve days. And you’ll use no more than $200 – $300 worth of fuel.
All accommodation is included and is of a high standard. We rent upmarket homes or stay in fishing lodges in each of the areas that we fish. Some homes will require that you share a room with 1-3 members of your party. In others you may be fortunate enough to secure a room to yourself. Couples will always get a private room of their own.
Please note that sourcing suitable quality accommodation in these destinations is extremely difficult for these high-season dates, with demand hugely outstripping supply and most places booking out 10-12 months in advance.
You can assured that the accommodation will be more than comfortable.
On the guided days, lunch will be provided by your guides. Breakfasts and dinners are mostly eaten out, with the former easily purchased from one of several establishments that cater to anglers looking to grab a quick breakfast on the go. In regard to dinners, there are a number of good dining options in each of the towns we will visit. For those who prefer to self-cater, please note that all of the homes we rent have fully equipped kitchens.
NOT INCLUDED – BUT AVAILABLE – SOUTH FORK HILTON TRIP
All participants will have the opportunity to book the South Fork Hilton trip. This two-day, 26 mile float takes anglers into the heart of the South Fork Canyon, and is a chance to experience dry fly fishing at its finest. The trip includes: a professional guide and drift boat, a deluxe tent camp, private chef, fresh water spring, 2-days guided fishing, meals, drinks, use of Orvis equipment, and transportation. This is an additional component that can be added to your trip, replacing two days of regular fishing on the last leg in Idaho. Prices on Application.
This trip will offer up a veritable feast of dry fly fishing opportunities, falling as it does at the very peak of the northern hemisphere, high-summer fishing season. It is suitable for fly fishers of all ages, fitness and / or experience levels; and to date has been popular with couples, families, and groups / pairings of friends.
With the vast majority of the fishing being done out of drift boats, there is no need to walk big distances, or navigate rough terrain. Over the years we have had clients ranging in age from 16-81 visit Montana with us.
This trip is suitable for pairs or even larger groups. If you are a single angler wanting to come along; please contact us and we will find you a fishing partner.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
9 days of guided drift boat fishing (you can choose waded days if you prefer), 11 nights of very comfortable accommodation, lunches on all guided days, and all transport in late model Chevy Suburban (or similar) vehicles. All you need to do is get yourself to the starting point of Bozeman Airport (Airport code BZN) by the scheduled start date.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Flights to and from Bozeman, meals (see above), fishing licences, flies, tips/gratuities.
Please phone us on 03 5773 2513 or 0418 995 611 to discuss the trip in more detail.
KEY REASONS FOR CHOOSING US FOR YOUR USA FLY FISHING TRIP
– due to our long standing relationships with people in the fly fishing industry in the U.S.A. – and because we book twelve months in advance – we can ensure that you experience the best fishing available at the time of your trip with the best guides at each location / river.
– these trips are limited to a maximum of 10 participants and we will have three staff assisting for the duration to ensure that all goes smoothly. We do all the driving and organising. You do all the fishing!
– we deal with all the outfitters, guides and accommodation providers in the U.S.A. on behalf of our group – meaning that you only deal with us. Transactions are with an Australian company that you can trust (25 years in business) and who you can phone/visit at any time to discuss any aspect of the trip.
– we have extensive experience traveling to and from, as well as within the regions we fish in Idaho/Montana/Wyoming. As such, we can assist you with all aspects of the trip; from what gear to pack, to which travel insurance policies are best, and everything else in between. We also know most of the better guides / lodges / outfitters; and can help you to organise any extra fishing / touring time that you may have, either pre or post trip.
– our team will be there to support you for the duration of the trip; staying in the same accommodation and providing transport each day. Guided fishing will be booked through some of the best outfitters in the U.S.A. We are not guiding on this trip, but we will be available to assist you and you will get the opportunity to fish with us on at least one day. 2020 will be our eleventh year of running these trips.
I’M INTERESTED IN GOING? WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
1. Phone us to discuss your needs and determine whether this trip is a good fit.
2. Visit the ESTA website and get a Visa waiver for travel to the USA.
3. Organise your travel insurance.
4. Book your spot by paying us a 50% deposit, with balance due no later than March 12, 2020.
Phone us on 03 5773 2513 with any questions that you have. We are available from 8am – 10pm, every single day of the year and we can assist you with all aspects of the trip.
Please note the Cancellation Policy before making a booking. ;-)