AT A GLANCE
- Fully customised trips to north-east Victoria and the high-country.
- All accommodation is in clean, comfortable hotels/motels with camping options for those who want to completely escape.
- Trips include all transport in modern 4WD vehicles, guided fishing, flies and use of all fishing, accommodation and/or camping gear if required.
- Some of the most experienced fly fishing guides in Australia – all with extensive local and international guiding experience.
- Maximum guide : client ratio 1:2. Minimum one participant but we can cater for groups as large as six.
- There are no set dates listed for this trip as they can be run at anytime/on demand. Most popular package is a three day – three night trip.
- Suitable for fly fishers of any age, fitness/experience level.
- Perfect for anyone wishing to experience some of the best trout fishing that mainland Australia has to offer and/or those wishing to improve their skills in the shortest possible time.
- Just $1,650 per person (based on twin-share) for the standard 3 day – 3 night package.
Join us for an amazing fly fishing road trip across the best trout fishing regions of mainland Australia, fishing from both the bank and/or our drift boats.
The ‘Guide’s Road Trip‘ started out as an idea between a close knit group of friends/guides here at GVFFC who’ve fished together for the past 25 years. The concept was to offer a trip that closely resembles what we do when we get time off. That is, hit the open road with fly rods, drift boats and everything we need; and fish whatever we find along the way.
From all those late night discussions around the campfire, in airport lounges and on the river; the road trip concept was formed. A completely customisable trip of 2-7 day’s duration for 1-6 people, with a mix of drift boats and/or wade fishing on offer.
You simply tell us your dates, and we do the rest. We will pick you up and drop you off from a pre-determined point, and organise everything including all the fishing, accommodation, food and gear.
You simply show up and fish.
There is a huge variety of smaller streams that we can access right across the north-east of the state and the Snowy Mountains; secluded places away from the crowds. Rivers that have gin clear water and plenty of eager fish that won’t pass up a dry fly drifted tantalisingly overhead.
We can also offer drift boat fishing on any of the best tailwaters of south-east Australia including the Goulburn, Mitta Mitta, Swampy Plain and Tumut rivers, as well as many other high-country lakes.
Accommodation will be subject to arrangement, and we can do everything from streamside camping up in the mountains for those who wish to stay right on the water and away from it all; to three to four star motel/home-stay lodging in nearby towns. Or a mixture of both.
More upmarket accommodation options can be sourced for those who don’t mind paying a little more for the extra comforts and niceties.
On the fishing front we will provide you with an experienced guide per pair, a drift boat, flies and transport; as well as the use of any gear. Our team have all guided extensively for the past 25+ years and know the region intimately.
This trip will ensure that you make the most of your valuable leisure time post lock-down. While you could lock into one specific area and hope that the fishing is good at the time, the Guide’s Road Trip format allows us to guarantee you the best opportunities for success at any given time. Being able to move at will and having access to fishing reports from our friends across Victoria/New South Wales, we simply go to wherever the fishing is best at the time.
This trip not only represents a great chance to fish some of Australia’s most iconic trout streams, but also the opportunity to advance your skills with some of our best guides at your shoulder for the duration. Because of this, these trips are suitable for all fly fishers including beginners.
All of our guides are mature travel companions, aged between 34 – 75. They are good company, well-traveled, and have worked in the fly fishing industry, both here and abroad, for over twenty years.
Customised itineraries mean that each trip must be costed out and quoted based on the number of days, number of people, and what sort of accommodation is preferred. Please feel free to phone us on 03 5773 2513 or 0418 995 611 to discuss the options and let us plan out a wonderful trip for you/your group.
We are available to chat from 8am – 10pm, every day.