AT A GLANCE this page was updated on on Tuesday 24th May, 2022
Our 12 day trip has been booked out for months but we have a handful of spots for these newly listed seven day trips. Includes six full days of fishing, seven nights accommodation, all transport and lunch each day. A rare last-minute opportunity to fish Montana this July when all other guides and lodges are booked out.
|SUN 3rd JULY – SUN 10th JULY||Booked Out|
|SUN 10th JULY – SUN 17th JULY, 2022||1 Spot left|
|SUN 17th JULY – SUN 24th, JULY, 2022||2 Spots left|
|SUN 24th JULY – SUN 31st, JULY, 2022||Booked Out|
|SUN 31st JULY – SUN 7th AUGUST 2022||Booked Out|
- A weeklong road trip to the best fishing at the time.
- Includes six days of drift boat fly fishing, seven nights of accommodation, all transport and lunch each day.
- Comfortable twin-share accommodation.
- Strictly limited numbers. Only 2 anglers per trip.
- Suitable for all fly fishers; the only stipulation being that you must have fished with us before. This trip is for past clients only.
- A chance to fish the famed, Missouri, Beaverhead, Madison and Big Hole rivers in Montana; and the Henry’s Fork, South Fork and Teton rivers in Idaho.
- LOW PRICE of $4,500 U.S.D. per person.
- Price is based on twin share accommodation.
- Trip starts and ends at Bozeman airport code BZN.
Read our TripAdvisor reviews and see what our clients have to say about these superb trips to North America.
|2023 SAMPLE TRIP ITINERARY|
|This sample itinerary is indicative of what the trip might look like. The point of doing a road trip is that we can move around to whatever areas are fishing best at the time. The only set scheduling are the start date at Bozeman airport and the end at Jackson Hole airport.|
|1||Arrive at Bozeman, Montana and drive 2h20m hours to Craig, Montana.|
|2||Full day fishing Missouri River.|
|3||Full day fishing Missouri River.|
|4||Full day fishing Missouri River.|
|5||Drive two hours to Dillon, Montana. Full day fishing Big Hole River.|
|6||Full day fishing Beaverhead River.|
|7||Full day fishing Madison River.|
|8||Drive 2 hours minutes to Bozeman, Montana. End of trip.|
|LOCATION 1||RIVERS FISHED||# OF NIGHTS|
|Craig, MT.||Missouri River||4|
After arriving in Bozeman we will transport you to the small town of Craig, just under two and a half hours away. This will be our base for four nights and three big days of fly fishing on the Missouri River.
The Missouri is famous for it’s incredible hatches, with pods of rising fish feeding throughout the day.
|LOCATION 2||RIVERS FISHED||# OF NIGHTS|
|Dillon, MT.||Beaverhead, Big Hole, Madison.||3|
The second stage of this trip is based out of Dillon, Montana. This typical Montanan town offers a multitude of fishing experiences. From the famous 50 mile riffle on the Madison, to the intimate, willow-lined Beaverhead.
All these rivers offer a fabulous mix of dry fly and nymph fishing, with the strong chance that we could see hoppers early this summer.
After three days of guided fishing and three nights lodging in Dillon, the trip will end the following day at Bozeman airport where you can fly home or continue onto the next leg of your trip.
On this trip, we provide all of the transport so you don’t need to worry about car rentals, the cost of fuel, having reception for Google Maps; or driving on the opposite side of the road! It also means you’ll have one of our guides to show you this unique region and ensure everything goes smoothly.
We collect clients from Bozeman Airport at the beginning of the trip, and drop them off at the same location at trip’s end. Travelling in late model SUVs, there will be plenty of room for both you and your bags to travel in comfort.
This trip is jam packed with great fishing and there really isn’t much time to spare. If you wish to sightsee or fish longer, you can stay on at trip’s end and fish solo. Alternatively you may choose to do our two week trip that includes nine days of guided fishing and some interesting travel/rest days to see more of Montana beyond the river. These 11 day trips are booked out for 2022 but we are taking bookings now for 2023.
All accommodation is included. On this trip due we will be using basic hotels and small homes as the cost of accommodation has skyrocketed since covid and there is next to no availability across the whole of Montana.
As stated, lunch is provided on the fishing days. Breakfasts and dinners are pay your own way, with the former easily purchased prior to fishing. In regard to dinners, there are a number of good dining options in each of the towns we visit.
This 7 day Montana Trip provides a great chance to fish a number of world class rivers in a single week. The fishing is excellent as the trip dates fall right at the peak of the northern hemisphere, high-summer fishing season. Think hatches of caddis/mayfly and hopper fishing.
With all of the fishing being done out of drift boats, there is no need to walk big distances, navigate rough terrain, or pack waders and boots in your luggage. This is a high-summer shorts and sandals trip.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 6 days of guided drift boat and/or walk/wade fishing.
- 7 nights of comfortable accommodation.
- lunches on all guided days.
- Transportation in late model Chevy Suburban (or similar) vehicles.
- GVFFC staff members to ensure the smooth running of the trip.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Flights to and from Bozeman.
- Breakfasts and Dinners.
- Fishing licences.
- Flies which we purchase from local flyshops. Budget $30 U.SD. per day.
Please phone us on 03 5773 2513 or 0418 995 611 to discuss the trip in more detail.
I’M INTERESTED IN GOING? WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
- Phone us to discuss your needs and determine whether this trip is a good fit.
- Visit the ESTA website and get a Visa waiver for travel to the USA.
- Make a formal expression of interest via email, phone or text.
- Book your spot by paying us a 4,500 U.S.D deposit and organise your travel insurance.
Phone us on 03 5773 2513 with any questions that you have. We are available from 8am – 10pm, every single day of the year and we can assist you with all aspects of the trip.
Please note the Cancellation Policy before making a booking. ;-)