- SAT 2 – SUN 3 OCTOBER 2021
What: Two full days of fly fishing instruction and tuition. Covering streamcraft, casting, entomology / fly selection, gear setup and more.
When: 10am – 5.30 pm – SAT 2 OCT and 9am – 3pm SUN 3 OCT, 2021
Where: Alexandra, 3714. VIC
Who: For all current NZ – Montana – Patagonia clients. Past and future prospective clients may also be able to attend, subject to the number of currently booked clients that confirm. Please contact us to learn more or to confirm your interest.
We are pleased to offer all of our NZ clients the chance to join us for a free weekend of instructional sessions, practical fishing and socialisng at our base of operations in Alexandra, a short drive from the Goulburn River, about two hours from Melbourne.
You will notice below that many of the blocks are listed as Casting / Streamcraft / Flytying NZ flies / General Assistance / * Drift Boat
This is because we will be running these sessions simultaneously – so you will have the choice of what you do in each block of time. Drift boat trips are subject to availability on the day as we only have four boats available on this weekend.
|10.00 a.m. – 10.20 a.m.||Meetings and introductions. Tea and coffee provided.|
|10.20 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.||Discussion and review of required gear. Rod/reel/line/leader set up.|
|11.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.||Casting Instruction.|
|12.30 p.m. – 1.40 p.m.||Lunch and time with guides / instructors to ask questions|
|1.40 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.||Casting / Streamcraft / Flytying NZ flies / General Assistance / * Drift Boat|
|5.30 p.m.||End of structured day. Participants are welcome to stay and socialise.|
|7.30pm||Dinner at the Grant St Grocer in Alexandra|
9.00 a.m. – 9.20 a.m. Meetings and introductions. Tea and coffee provided. 9.20 a.m. – 10.00 a.m. Discussion and review of required gear. Rod/reel/line/leader set up. 10.00 a.m. – 12.00 p.m. Casting Instruction / fly tying sessions. 12.00 p.m. – 12.40 p.m. Lunch and time with guides / instructors to ask questions 12.40 p.m. – 1.00 p.m. Fish handling and techniques for better photos on your trip. 1.00 p.m. – 5.30 p.m. Casting / Streamcraft / Flytying NZ flies / General Assistance / * Drift Boat 5.30 p.m. End of workshop.
* Drift boat sessions will be short @ maximum of 2 hours each so that we can take as many people as possible. Subject to availability on the day.
- those doing both days can jump straight into streamcraft and drift boats on Sunday morning.
This day has been put together with the following aims:
- to ensure that all NZ trip participants are as well-prepared as possible for their trip.
- to allow first-time trip participants to meet each other; and for more regular participants to catch up.
- to give everyone the opportunity to improve their casting proficiency and thereby improve their chances of greater success in NZ.
- to allow those contemplating booking a New Zealand trip the opportunity to meet us and our team and to speak with others who may have done the trips.
- to have a lot of fun with like-minded people.
This free weekend is available to all of our NZ clients for 2022. However, we urge any past and prospective future clients who wish to attend to also express an interest. Once we have confirmed how many of our 2022 clients will be attending, we will look to fill the remaining spots from a list compiled via the form below and also via our Facebook page.
This will be a great weekend of skill-acquisition, with most of our guiding team being available on the day. It also represents a terrific opportunity to meet other trip participants / like-minded folk. There will be a free B.B.Q. lunch on both days, as well an optional dinner in Alexandra on the Saturday night.
To learn more, please phone us on 03 5773 2513 or 0418 995 611 from 8am – 10pm, any day of the year.