AT A GLANCE
- Super low price of $390 means anyone can afford to try fly fishing. We also run this course as a condensed, single full day for one or two anglers, on any day of the year for $690
- A comprehensive course, developed and refined over the past 27 years, will teach you everything you need to get started in fly fishing.
- We have some of the most experienced and personable instructors in the industry.
- We provide all the equipment so that you don’t have to purchase any gear.
- Price includes lunch, drinking water, and morning/afternoon tea both days.
- We offer a host of follow-on services and trips to assist those who choose to continue on with their fly fishing journey.
- Simply put, we offer the best learn to fly fish program in Australia. This comprehensive and heavily discounted weekend workshop, will see you capable of independently fly fishing for trout by Sunday afternoon.
- Booking bonus for those able to put together a group of five or more.
- Read our TripAdvisor reviews to learn why so many people choose our two day weekend fly fishing workshop.
Join a group of budding fly fishers for a comprehensive two-day workshop that will give you express entry into the sport and cut years from the learning process. We take you through all that you need to know, removing the superfluous and focusing on only the most important aspects.
Everything from gear to knots, insects to trout behavior, casting to fishing techniques; will be explained and illustrated in a practical way.
This is no stuffy workshop with lots of note taking and theory. We keep things
interesting with the focus on delivering the necessary information in a relaxed environment.
The workshop commences at 9.30 am on a Saturday (see scheduled dates below) in Alexandra (less than two hours drive from Melbourne CBD and Melbourne Airport), and concludes at 5.00pm the following afternoon. We provide all of the gear including flies, rods, waders; as well tea/coffee/water, lunch and all instruction.
All you need to bring is appropriate clothing for the weather, a hat, a pair of sunglasses and a willingness to have fun and learn.
Everyone is welcome to participate regardless of age and/or experience level. While it is a beginner’s workshop in name, many intermediate fly fishers would also benefit from completing this course.
# Participants: 5 – 15.
- Gear overview
- Casting instruction
- Line management Fly selection
- Fly selection
- Trout behavior
- Reading water – lakes and rivers
- Interpreting hatches and trout behavior
- Stalking fish
- Fishing blind
- Casting to fish
- Releasing fish
This is a great way to get a firm grounding in the sport. Our aim is to take you from total novice, to independent amateur in a single weekend. You will be capable of independent progress upon completion of the workshop; having a good grasp of casting and how to find and fool trout with a fly in the wild.
Further to this, help and further assistance is only a phone call away, as we are always here to answer any questions after you’ve completed the course. We have been in business since 1994 and are always available to help.
$390 per person for the 2 Day Course. Price includes lunch and tea/coffee/biscuits (both days), tuition, course materials and use of any gear as required. Accommodation is not included in the price but we can assist you to find suitable accommodation nearby.
All of our instructors are professionals who guide full-time. With more than 130 years of fly fishing experience between them, they will be able to get you up and running in the shortest space of time.
KEY REASONS why you should learn to fly fish with us:
* only $390 per person for the 2 Day Workshop!!
* an instructor : participant ratio of 1:5 or less
* our instructors are full time professionals who teach fly fishing every single day
* we have some of the best trout streams in the country within a short drive
* GVFFC has been teaching fly fishing full time since 1994
* we have taught thousands of people to fly fish over the years. We can teach you too!
* we have excellent beginner combos starting at $390 – these are good quality, ‘ready to fish’ rod / reel / line package and are available for purchase every day of the year.
Can’t find a suitable date for a our beginner’s workshop?
Nevermind. We conduct private sessions for individuals or groups every day of the year, at the normal teaching/guiding rate. If you can arrange a small group of friends (minimum 5), we will run the two day workshop at the same low rate on any days of your choosing!
Please view our price list by clicking here or phone us on 03 5773 2513 for more information.
Please note the Cancellation Policy before making a booking. ;-) Due to the heavily discounted price of our workshops, payment in full is required at the time of booking.
UPCOMING WORKSHOP DATES
|MARCH||SAT 6 – SUN 7||YES|
|MARCH||SAT 13 – SUN 14|
|MARCH||SAT 20- SUN 21||YES|
|MARCH||SAT 27- SUN 28||YES|
|APRIL||SAT 3 – SUN 4||YES|
|APRIL||SAT 10 – SUN 11||YES|
|APRIL||SAT 17 – SUN 18||NO|
|APRIL||SAT 24 – SUN 25||YES|
|MAY||SAT 1 – SUN 2||YES|
|MAY||SAT 8 – SUN 9||YES|
|MAY||SAT 15 – SUN 16||YES|
|MAY||SAT 22 – SUN 23||YES|
|MAY||SAT 29 – SUN 30||YES|
|JUNE||SAT 5 – SUN 6||YES|
|MORE 2021 DATES TO BE ADDED LATER IN THE YEAR|
We run Australia’s most comprehensive guide service with everything from beginner lessons to the tuition of advanced specialist techniques; all the way through to drift boat fly fishing and adventures to the South Island of New Zealand, Montana (USA) and Patagonia (Argentina).
We available to speak from 8am – 11pm every day of the week, and are always here to help you on your fly fishing journey.
Phone 03 5773 2513 book or learn more.
The completion of this course will open up the door to world of fly fishing opportunites with follow-on services and a multitude of trips for those keen to explore.