AT A GLANCE
- 1-5 day programs for high school groups available all year around.
- Programs designed by a staff member with 30+ years experience in the Victorian Education System and 27 years as a fly fishing instructor.
- Fly fishing is safe with no injuries in our 27 years of operation.
- Fly fishing is an outdoor activity that gets students out into the natural world.
- Fly fishing requires lateral thinking and the acquisition of skills in a step by step sequence.
- Fly fishing is perfect for students Year 9 or older.
- Programs run along the lines of a school day, with after hours activities including a movie/pizza night and guest speakers focusing on topics like bushcraft and outdoor survival.
- Accommodation options are many and varied with most groups choosing to stay in tents in one of the nearby river-side caravan parks.
- Professionally accredited instructors, all with current working with children certification.
- Packages designed to suit the needs/budget requirements of all schools
- Our services are utilised by a more than a dozen schools from Ballarat to Gippsland, Melbourne to Geelong. Packages customised to suit any time frame and budget.
We have been running fly fishing courses for secondary school groups for over two decades. Our programs are comprehensive, multi-day events; designed to be run as a standalone option to slot into school’s activity week scheduling.
A typical ‘School’s Program’ includes the following modules:
- fly casting
- entomology 101 – what trout eat
- trout behavior
- conservation and the ethics of responsible angling
- practical fly fishing
- Snob’s Creek fish hatchery tour
- a fly fishing film and pizza night
We supply all the gear including rods/reels/lines and waders as well as flies and terminal tackle. Trips are conducted on local waterways both private and public.
If you wish to learn more about our programs and how they work; please click here or on the image above to download an article about our school programs that was published in FlyLife Magazine.
Phone us today on 03 5773 2513 or 0418 995 611 We are available from 8am – 10pm, every day of the year.