AT A GLANCE
- This is the ultimate Montana – Idaho trip for aussie fly fishers offering fishing in two to three distinctly different regions.
- Nine days of guided fly fishing and eleven nights of accommodation
- One full day of sightseeing to historical sites or more fishing if desired.
- Includes all transport, accommodation and guided fishing.
- A chance to fish the famed Beaverhead, Big Hole, Jefferon, Madison and Ruby, rivers in Montana; and the Green, Henry’s Fork, South Fork, and Teton rivers in Idaho.
- Comfortable twin-share accommodation.
- We use only the best local guides available. Please note that our staff are not guiding on this trip.
- Lunches are included on all guided days.
- Strictly limited numbers. Only 12 anglers per trip.
- Suitable for all fly fishers regardless of age / experience / fitness level.
- Couple friendly with couple specific lodging options to suit.
- Bring a friend or let us find you a partner.
- PRICE of $6,950 U.S.D. per person. Book soon to lock in the current price as our costs are always increasing.
- Book a group of four or more and we’ll throw in a full day drift boat trip on the Goulburn per pair to reward and prepare your group for Montana.
- Read our TripAdvisor reviews and see what our clients have to say about these superb trips to North America.
WATCH THIS VID FOR A BRIEF LOOK AT ONE OF THE AREAS WE FISH
|SUN 18th JUNE – THU 29th, JUNE, 2023||YES|
|SUN 9th JULY – THU 20th, JULY, 2023||YES|
|1||SUN||Arrive at Bozeman & drive to Dillon, Montana|
|2||MON||Full day fishing.|
|3||TUE||Full day fishing.|
|4||WED||Full day fishing.|
|5||THU||Full day fishing.|
|6||FRI||Full day fishing.|
||Drive to Location 3. Sightseeing.|
|8||SUN||Full day fishing.|
|9||MON||Full day fishing.|
|10||TUE||Full day fishing.|
|11||WED||Full day fishing.|
|12||THU||End of trip Jackson Hole, Wyoming or continue on fishing.|
This whirlwind Rocky Mountain road trip begins in Bozeman, Montana and ends twelve days later in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It includes nine full days of guided fly fishing, eleven nights of accommodation, all transport, and lunches on all the guided days. Two of our staff will be present on this trip, taking care of everything behind the scenes and ensuring that things go smoothly.
The first leg of this trip is to Dillon, Montana. Here we will be fishing the Beaverhead, Bighole, Jefferson, Madison and Ruby rivers. These are all world-class rivers offering the quintessential Montana fly fishing experience. From the intimacy of the meandering and willow lined Beaverhead, to the 50-mile riffle on the Madison and the small stream magic of the Ruby River.
The second leg is in Eastern Idaho to the wonderful Teton Valley. This area is simply amazing and has some of the best dry fly rivers on the planet. The South Fork, Henry’s Fork. Teton. Participants will get the opportunity to fish all these rivers during the trip.
Most of the fishing is done out of drift boats, so there is no need to walk big distances, or navigate rough terrain. Over the years we have had clients ranging in age from 16 – 81 years of age. Participants can choose to wade fish on certain days, and the guides are open to earlier starts and finishes, allowing us to make the most of our days exploring the region.
All accommodation is included and is of a good standard. Wherever possible we rent comfortable homes near to the fishing. Many homes will require that participants share a room with another guest. Our advice. Bring a friend!
Sometimes participants may get their own room. Couples will always get a private room and en-suite of their own. We often have more than one couple on these trips allowing us to rent separate homes just for them.
Groups of four or more will get their own house wherever possible.
Sourcing suitable quality accommodation in these destinations is extremely difficult and expensive for these high-season dates, with demand hugely outstripping supply and most places booking out a minimum 12 months in advance.
On the guided days, lunch will be provided by the guides. Breakfasts and dinners are pay your own way and mostly eaten out. There are a number of good dining options in each of the towns we visit. For those who prefer to self-cater, please note that all of the homes we rent have fully-equipped kitchens and we can organise a grocery shop while you are out fishing.
We provide all of the transport so you don’t need to worry about car rentals, the cost of fuel, having reception for Google Maps; or driving on the opposite side of the road! We know the area and take the stress out of travelling in unfamiliar territory.
We collect everyone from Bozeman airport or local hotels at the beginning of the trip, and then drop guests at their preferred location in Jackson Hole e.g. airport, hotel, car hire location at trip’s end.
Our Montana Trip is a great opportunity to fish several world-class rivers in a just twelve days away with additional time available at trip’s end for those who wish to continue on fishing. Typically, once this trip ends we have gone on to fish the Bighorn River in the desert country in Eastern Montana or headed north and into Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming to fish Slough Creek, the Lamar and Yellowstone.
The fishing is always good as the trip dates fall right at the peak of the northern hemisphere, high-summer fishing season. Think hatches and terrestrials when everyone at home are braving the icy winds of winter.
The trip is suitable for fly fishers of all ages, fitness and / or experience levels; and to date has been popular with couples, families, and groups / pairings of friends. If you are a single angler wanting to come along; please contact us and we will attempt to find you a fishing partner. Beginner fly fishers are more than welcome on this trip, and it has become very popular with couples. Everyone catches fish and it’s a great experience just being there drifting down a river in the American west.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 9 days of guided drift boat and/or walk/wade fishing.
- 11 nights of comfortable, twin share accommodation.
- lunches on all guided days.
- Transportation in late model Chevy Suburban (or similar) vehicles.
- GVFFC staff members to ensure the smooth running of the trip.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Breakfasts and dinners.
- Fishing licences. Montana and Idaho.
- Flies (supplied by the guides but not included in price – approx $30/per guided day per person).
- Tips/gratuities to guides. Approximately $70 USD per guided day per person.
Please phone us on 03 5773 2513 or 0418 995 611 to discuss the trip in more detail.
KEY REASONS FOR CHOOSING US FOR YOUR USA FLY FISHING TRIP
– due to our long standing relationships with guides and lodges in the U.S.A. – and because we book more than twelve months in advance – we secure some of the best guides and accommodation at each location.
– these trips are limited to a maximum of 12 participants and we will have 2-3 GVFFC staff assisting for the duration to ensure that all goes smoothly. We do all the driving and organising. You do all the fishing!
– we deal with all the outfitters, guides and accommodation providers in the U.S.A. on behalf of our group – meaning that you only deal with us. Transactions are with an Australian company that you can trust (28 years in business) and who you can phone/visit at any time to discuss any aspect of the trip.
– we have extensive experience traveling to and from, as well as within the regions we fish in Idaho/Montana/Wyoming. As such, we can assist you with all aspects of the trip. We can also assist you to organise any extra fishing / touring time that you may have, either pre or post trip including additional components with our team (Anthony & Bo, Lachie).
– our team will be there to support you for the duration of the trip; staying either nearby or in the same accommodation. Guided fishing will be booked through some of the best outfitters in the U.S.A. We are not guiding on this trip, but we will be available to assist you and you will get the opportunity to fish with us on at least one day should you wish. We have been running these trips since 2010.
I’M INTERESTED IN GOING? WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
1. Phone us to discuss your needs and determine whether this trip is a good fit.
2. Visit the ESTA website and get a Visa waiver for travel to the USA. Takes 10 mins.
3. Make a formal expression of interest via email, phone or text.
4. Secure your spot by paying us a 50% deposit. Organise your travel insurance.
5. Balances are due no later than April 1, 2023.
Phone us on 03 5773 2513 with any questions that you have. We are available from 8am – 10pm, every single day of the year and we can assist you with all aspects of the trip.
Please note the Cancellation Policy before making a booking. ;-)
Click to watch a 2+ hour playlist of videos of the rivers we fish on this trip.
Bo releasing a fish on the Beaverhead River, Montana.