AT A GLANCE
- This is the ultimate Montana trip offering fishing across two to three separate legs in distinctly different regions.
- Nine days of guided fly fishing and eleven nights of accommodation
- One full day of sightseeing to historical sites or more fishing if desired.
- Includes all transport, accommodation and guided fishing.
- A chance to fish the famed Missouri, Beaverhead, Big Hole, Ruby, Madison and Big Hole rivers in Montana; and the Henry’s Fork, South Fork, Green and Teton rivers in Idaho. Plus more!
- Comfortable twin-share accommodation.
- We use only the best local guides available. Please note that our staff are not guiding on this trip.
- Lunches are included on all guided days.
- Strictly limited numbers. Only 10 anglers per trip.
- Suitable for all fly fishers regardless of age / experience / fitness level.
- Couple friendly with specific lodging options to suit.
- Bring a friend or let us find you a partner.
- PRICE of $7,500 U.S.D. per person.
- Discounts available for those who choose to self-drive.
- Read our TripAdvisor reviews and see what our clients have to say about these superb trips to North America.
WATCH THIS VID FOR A BRIEF LOOK AT ONE OF THE AREAS WE FISH
|SUN 18th JUNE – THU 29th, JUNE, 2023||6/10 Spots left|
|SUN 9th JULY – THU 20th, JULY, 2023||8/10 Spots left|
|2023 TRIP ITINERARY|
|1||SUN||Arrive at Bozeman, Montana & drive to Location 1.|
|2||MON||Full day fishing.|
|3||TUE||Full day fishing.|
|4||WED||Early drive to Location 2. Full day fishing.|
|5||THU||Full day fishing.|
|6||FRI||Full day fishing.|
||Drive to Location 3. Sightseeing.|
|8||SUN||Full day fishing.|
|9||MON||Full day fishing.|
|10||TUE||Full day fishing.|
|11||WED||Full day fishing.|
|12||THU||Drive 45 mins to Jackson Hole Airport. End of trip.|
This whirlwind Rocky Mountain road trip begins in Bozeman, Montana and ends twelve days later in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It includes nine full days of guided fly fishing, eleven nights of accommodation, all transport, and lunches on all the guided days. Two of our staff will be present to ensure the smooth running of the trip, taking care of everything behind the scenes, from accommodation to transport, to liaising with the local guides.
The final locations fished won’t be determined until mid-April 2023. This is because with our trips we don’t commit to an area until we can ascertain the water situation leading into summer. To secure guides and accommodation in these hugely popular areas we must now book more than 12 months in advance. Due to our longstanding relationships with operators across the region, we can make bookings early and relinquish them without penalty by mid-April.
This flexibility allows us to pick areas that will be fishing well, rather than attempting to guess what the conditions will be like more than a year in advance.
Rivers fished on recent trips include:
- Big Hole
- Henry’s Fork
- South Fork
- Slough Creek
- De Puys
A quick google search will reveal that these are all world-class fly fisheries. The standard trip includes three locations but depending on conditions we may decide to run it in two locations, having more time in each. This all comes down to the conditions and advice of the local outfitters who provide the guides for this trip.
This is one of the biggest advantages of our trips. When booking directly with a lodge you’re committing to an area way before you can possibly know the water situation and you just take what you get. Our format ensures that you’ll have the vest best chance at great fishing conditions.
We are offering two trips in 2023. One is timed in June to try and catch the tail end of the salmon fly hatch. There is also a July trip which in our experience offers the more reliable dry fly fishing experience.
We provide all of the transport so you don’t need to worry about car rentals, the cost of fuel, having reception for Google Maps; or driving on the opposite side of the road! We know the area and take the stress out of travelling in unfamiliar territory.
We collect everyone from Bozeman airport or local hotels at the beginning of the trip, and then drop guests at their preferred location in Jackson Hole e.g. airport, hotel, car hire location at trip’s end.
For those wishing to self-drive and be mobile between fishing sessions, please ask about our discounted option. Most participants choose to do this.
All accommodation is included and is of a good standard. Wherever possible we rent comfortable homes near to the fishing. Many homes will require that participants share a room with another guest. Our advice. Bring a friend! At other times participants may get their own room.
Couples will always get a private room and en-suite of their own. We often have more than one couple on these trips allowing us to rent separate homes just for the couples.
Groups of four or more will get their own house wherever possible.
Sourcing suitable quality accommodation in these destinations is extremely difficult and expensive for these high-season dates, with demand hugely outstripping supply and most places booking out 16 months in advance. Hence why we book so far in advance.
On the guided days, lunch will be provided by the guides. Breakfasts and dinners are pay your own way and mostly eaten out, with the former easily purchased from one of several establishments nearby. There are a number of good dining options in each of the towns we visit. For those who prefer to self-cater, please note that all of the homes we rent have fully-equipped kitchens and we can organise a grocery shop while you are out fishing.
Our Montana Trip is a great opportunity to fish a number of world-class rivers in a just twelve days. The fishing is always good as the trip dates fall right at the peak of the northern hemisphere, high-summer fishing season. Think hatches of aquatic insects and falls of terrestrials when all your friends back home are rugged up and battling the icy winds of winter.
The trip is suitable for fly fishers of all ages, fitness and / or experience levels; and to date has been popular with couples, families, and groups / pairings of friends. Beginner fly fishers are more than welcome on this trip and it has become very popular with couples. Everyone catches fish and it’s a great experience just being there drifting down a river in the American west.
The vast majority of the fishing is done out of drift boats, so there is no need to walk big distances, or navigate rough terrain. Over the years we have had clients ranging in age from 16 – 81 years of age. You can choose to wade fish on certain days and the guides are open to earlier starts should you want to make the most of packing out your afternoons.
This trip is scaleable with additional days suitable for pairs or larger groups. If you are a single angler wanting to come along; please contact us and we will attempt to find you a fishing partner.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 9 days of guided drift boat and/or walk/wade fishing.
- 11 nights of comfortable, twin share accommodation.
- lunches on all guided days.
- Transportation in late model Chevy Suburban (or similar) vehicles.
- GVFFC staff members to ensure the smooth running of the trip.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Flights to and from Bozeman.
- Breakfasts and dinners.
- Fishing licences. Montana and Idaho.
- Flies (supplied by the guides but not included in price – approx $30/per guided day per person).
- Tips/gratuities to guides. Approximately $60-75 USD per guided day per person.
Please phone us on 03 5773 2513 or 0418 995 611 to discuss the trip in more detail.
KEY REASONS FOR CHOOSING US FOR YOUR USA FLY FISHING TRIP
– due to our long standing relationships with guides and lodges in the U.S.A. – and because we book more than twelve months in advance – we secure some of the best guides and accommodation at each location.
– the trip itinerary is not finalised until mid-April when we can make a better estimation of the likely conditions in each region.
– these trips are limited to a maximum of 10 participants and we will have two GVFFC staff assisting for the duration to ensure that all goes smoothly. We do all the driving and organising. You do all the fishing!
– we deal with all the outfitters, guides and accommodation providers in the U.S.A. on behalf of our group – meaning that you only deal with us. Transactions are with an Australian company that you can trust (28 years in business) and who you can phone/visit at any time to discuss any aspect of the trip.
– we have extensive experience traveling to and from, as well as within the regions we fish in Idaho/Montana/Wyoming. As such, we can assist you with all aspects of the trip. We can also assist you to organise any extra fishing / touring time that you may have, either pre or post trip including additional components with our team (Anthony & Bo, Lachie).
– our team will be there to support you for the duration of the trip; staying either nearby or in the same accommodation and providing transportation. Guided fishing will be booked through some of the best outfitters in the U.S.A. We are not guiding on this trip, but we will be available to assist you and you will get the opportunity to fish with us on at least one day should you wish. We have been running these trips since 2010.
I’M INTERESTED IN GOING? WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
1. Phone us to discuss your needs and determine whether this trip is a good fit.
2. Visit the ESTA website and get a Visa waiver for travel to the USA.
3. Make a formal expression of interest via email, phone or text.
4. Book your spot by paying us a 50% deposit. Organise your travel insurance.
5. Balances are due no later than April 1, 2022.
Phone us on 03 5773 2513 with any questions that you have. We are available from 8am – 10pm, every single day of the year and we can assist you with all aspects of the trip.
Please note the Cancellation Policy before making a booking. ;-)
Bo releasing a fish on the Beaverhead River, Montana.