AT A GLANCE
- An amazing fly fishing trip to one of the world’s best fly fishing regions.
- Eight days of guided fly fishing and eleven nights of upmarket accommodation.
- Two full days of sightseeing in Yellowstone National Park and surrounding area.
- Includes all transport, accommodation and guided fishing.
- Fish the Henry’s Fork, South Fork, Warm, Fall, Green and Teton rivers in Idaho and the Snake River in Wyoming.
- Only the best local guides.
- Our staff will be there to support the group every step of the way.
- Strictly limited numbers. Only 5 couples per trip.
- Plenty of activities each day for non-fishing partners or if someone needs a break.
- Suitable for all fly fishers regardless of age / experience / fitness level.
- PRICE of $7,900 U.S.D. per person.
- Read our TripAdvisor reviews and see what our clients have to say about these superb trips to North America.
|SUN 9th JULY – THU 20th, JULY, 2023||YES|
|SUN 7th JULY – THU 18th, JULY, 2023||YES|
|2023 TRIP ITINERARY|
|1||SUN||Arrive at Jackson Hole, Wyoming & drive 1 hour to the house.|
|2||MON||Full day fishing.|
|3||TUE||Full day fishing.|
|4||WED||Full day fishing.|
|5||THU||Full day fishing.|
|6||FRI||Full day fishing.|
||Sightseeing and stay in Yellowstone National Park.|
|8||SUN||Sightseeing Yellowstone National Park|
|9||MON||Full day fishing.|
|10||TUE||Full day fishing.|
|11||WED||Full day fishing.|
|12||THU||Drive 45 mins to Jackson Hole Airport. End of trip.|
This epic adventure begins and ends at Jackson Hole airport in Wyoming where our staff will be ready and waiting for you to arrive. Once on the ground you’ll be driven across the Teton Pass, elevation: 2,570, into Idaho and the beginning of your 10 day adventure which includes eleven nights of luxurious mountain lodging, eight days of guided fly fishing, and two days exploring Yellowstone National Park.
The fishing is simply world-class with over a dozen rivers in the immediate vicinity, some boasting upwards of 7,000 trout per mile. So many fish, that even beginners will enjoy success and rapidly improve their skills. Most of the fishing is done from a drift boat but there are also many walk/wade options each day. Our staff can even run a separate beginner’s primer to get non fly-fishers get up to speed and ready to fish from a drift boat.
Nearby rivers include:
- Teton River (closest river only 5 mins away)
- Henry’s Fork of the Snake
- South Fork of the Snake
- Snake River
- Green River
- Warm River
- Fall River
- Bitch Creek
- Salt River
- Yellowstone National Park (dozens of rivers).
Simply put the lodging is exceptional in every way. Below is an example of one of the homes we rent. 5600 sq ft of solitude with a perfect picturesque view of the Tetons. Large gourmet kitchen and spacious great room. Sleeps 22 in beds. Every room has a view. There are 3 full baths master has steam shower & jetted tub, plus 2 half baths. Game room, theater room, sitting room, and laundry room. 3 fire places. Large deck, huge yard, patio w/hot tub and gas fire pit. Central to outdoor activities.
This is an amazing space and the perfect way to relax when not outdoors fishing and exploring.
On the guided days, lunch will be provided by the guides. Breakfasts and dinners are not included in the package but there are many wonderful restaurants nearby, as well as a large supermarket to pick up essential supplies for those who prefer to self-cater. Previous clients doing this trip have chosen to prepare breakfasts at home in the mornings and go out most nights for dinner. Take away meals are also available from local restaurants. There is a full gourmet kitchen available for those who prefer to prepare their own meals.
- Bird watching / photography.
- Biking. Rail trail or Mountain trails.
- Horseback Riding.
- See a Movie at The Spud Drive-In
- Visit Jackson Hole.
This trip is a wonderful opportunity to experience one of the best fly fishing destinations on earth together with your partner. We have booked the best guides in the area, secured some of the finest accommodation, and we’ll be there to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
Beginner fly fishers are most welcome and everyone will catch fish. We can even run private workshops to get the beginners up to speed for fishing from the drift boat.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 8 days of guided drift boat and/or walk/wade fishing.
- 11 nights of upmarket accommodation.
- lunches on all guided days.
- Transportation in late model Chevy Suburban (or similar) vehicles.
- GVFFC staff members to ensure the smooth running of the trip.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Flights to and from Jackson Hole.
- Breakfasts and dinners.
- Idaho fishing licence.
- Flies (supplied by the guides but not included in price – approx $30/per guided day per person).
- Tips/gratuities to guides. Approximately $140 U.S.D. per boat per day.
Please phone us on 03 5773 2513 or 0418 995 611 to discuss the trip in more detail.
KEY REASONS FOR CHOOSING US FOR YOUR USA FLY FISHING TRIP
– due to our long standing relationships with guides and lodges in the area we secure some of the best guides and accommodation at each location.
– these trips are limited to a maximum of 10 participants and we will have two GVFFC staff assisting for the duration to ensure that all goes smoothly. We do all the driving and organising. You do all the fishing!
– we deal with all the outfitters, guides and accommodation providers in the U.S.A. on behalf of our group – meaning that you only deal with us. Transactions are with an Australian company that you can trust (28 years in business) and who you can phone/visit at any time to discuss any aspect of the trip.
– we have extensive experience traveling to and from, as well as within the regions we fish in Idaho/Montana/Wyoming. As such, we can assist you with all aspects of the trip. We can also assist you to organise any extra fishing / touring time that you may have, either pre or post trip including additional components with our team (Anthony & Bo, Lachie).
– our team will be there to support you for the duration of the trip; staying either nearby or in the same accommodation and providing transportation. Guided fishing will be booked through some of the best outfitters in the U.S.A. We are not guiding on this trip, but we will be available to assist you and you will get the opportunity to fish with us on at least one day should you wish. We have been running these trips since 2010.
I’M INTERESTED IN GOING? WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
1. Phone us to discuss your needs and determine whether this trip is a good fit.
2. Visit the ESTA website and get a Visa waiver for travel to the USA.
3. Make a formal expression of interest via email, phone or text.
4. Book your spot by paying us a 50% deposit. Organise your travel insurance.
5. Balances are due no later than April 1, 2023.
Phone us on 03 5773 2513 with any questions that you have. We are available from 8am – 10pm, every single day of the year and we can assist you with all aspects of the trip.
Please note the Cancellation Policy before making a booking. ;-)