TRIP DOT POINTS
- The perfect end of season trip for your group.
- Autumn in north-east Victoria offers some of the best weather and walk/wade fishing of the year.
- Location is chosen by us a week out from the trip to ensure we are going to the best area within a four-hour drive of Melbourne. Think Bright, Eskdale, Mansfield, and other locations in north east Victoria.
- Scheduled dates are listed below but this trip can be run at any time for groups of 4 – 8 anglers.
- Four full days of walk/wade and drift boat fishing (subject to water levels) on some of the best fly fishing rivers in Victoria at one of the best times of the season. Five days in total.
- Five nights of accommodation Sunday – Monday – Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday are included. Arrive Sunday. Depart Friday.
- Add an extra day of fishing and night of accommodation for $550 per person i.e. fish the Friday and depart Saturday).
- Trips can be run on the days of your choosing if you have a minimum of four in your group.
- Meals – Lunches are included. Breakfasts and dinners are a mixture of pay your own way / self-cater.
- All flies are provided.
- Trips are run by our leading guides. One guide per pair of anglers.
- Suitable for any age or fitness level.
- Guide : Client ratio 1:2. Minimum of four people per trip. Maximum of eight.
- This trip is for pairs or even numbers of anglers i.e. 4/6/8. We can book you as a pair if we can find another pair to also book.
- Just $2,750 per person with a deposit of $500 per person. Deposit is fully transferable to another date or trip/service if government restrictions prevent us from running a scheduled trip.
NEW for 2021 is our Autumn Escape package. Fish the the north east region of Victoria over a five-day period for just $2,750 per person.
Using our extensive network of contacts and a lifetime of fly fishing the region, we will pick the best location in the week leading up to each trip, then secure comfortable accommodation from which to base out of for four big days of fly fishing.
There are five nights included in the base package, meaning you can arrive Sunday evening, fish Monday to Thursday, then depart on Friday morning, well-rested for the drive home.
Autumn is the perfect time to visit north east Victoria. Springtime often sees too much water in these rivers. In summer they can be too warm. But by mid-March the days are shorter and cooler, the nights are cold, and the rivers are in perfect condition for trout fishing. Low flowsing streams at this time of year make wading easy and the fish eager, as natural rhythms see them feeding intensely as late season hatches fire up before the calling to spawn takes hold.
Mayfly hatches can be epic. Ant falls out of this world. There are many opportunities to fish hatch-matching dry flies on light rods to fish at close range. Many more in fact than the rest of the season combined.
Autumn offers up some of the best fishing of the year.
But it’s not only about the weather and the fishing. Angling pressure is greatly reduced at this time of year. Outside of Easter and ANZAC Day, many of the rivers we fish are just too far away from Melbourne for day trippers to have an impact, with the Monday – Friday format almost guaranteeing we have plenty of water to ourselves each day.
WADING AND DRIFT BOATS
This trip is based around walk-wade fishing. With access to literally dozens of rivers, from small mountain streams, to tailwaters like the Mitta Mitta; there is literally a lifetime of easily waded streams in the immediate vicinity of the towns that we base out of.
That being true; these trips will also have at least one drift boat made available to them; possibly two for larger groups. Having the option to drift the Mitta Mitta or to jump across the border to the Swampy or Tumut if conditions are suitable is a huge advantage and makes for an easy day should the legs be tired after a few days of wade fishing.
We suggest that you bring your favourite mueslis and cereals from home, as well as any bread, eggs etc for breakfasts so that we can be fishing without the need to be back to the shops during business hours.
Dinners are a mix of self-cater and eating out (pay your own way) but once again, options for purchasing late night dinners may be extremely limited in the areas we will be fishing. We can source out high quality and healthy frozen meals on your behalf from the Grant Street Grocer in Alexandra. Please view their website and contact us if you would like us to organise this for your group. We have found this to be a great way to go and allows us to fish as late as we like when the fishing is good.
Alternatively you may wish to bring your own frozen home-cooked meals, or supplies for B.B.Q’s which will be available at all the homes we rent.
- Five nights accommodation Sunday to Thursday included.
- Four full days of guided fly-fishing Monday to Thursday. Walk/wade and drift boat.
- All flies, terminal tackle and the use of any gear if required.
- Transport to and from the base location e.g. Bright, Eskdale, Mansfield etc
- Fishing licences.
- Breakfasts and dinners
- Incidental purchases.
WHO IS THIS TRIP FOR?
This trip is suitable for fly fishers of any age, experience or fitness level. The only limiting factor is that it is a group trip for 4 – 8 anglers. If you are booking as a pair, we can attempt to find another pair to make the trip viable from our end. We are sorry but we cannot cater to single person bookings on this trip.
There are set dates for listed below, but this trip can be run at anytime/on demand if you can get together a group of four or more anglers.
GUIDED FISHING AND/OR INSTRUCTION
This trip is for fly fishers of any skill level and we are happy to spend time helping participants hone their skills each day. Our guides are also instructors, able to teach all facets of fly fishing, and we can develop a program of fishing that also incorporates instruction in the following disciplines:
- fly casting.
- entomology and fly selection.
- fly tying.
This can be a formally designed program of activities to build up your skills over the course of the week. Or it can be something more relaxed that is shaped as the week unfolds.
Whatever your preference may be. We can put together a wonderful week of fishing and/or learning so that you finish the trip as more well-rounded and confident anglers.
|AVAILABLE DATES or pick any five day window!|
|SUN 21 FEB – FRI 26 FEB||BOOKED|
|SUN 28 MAR – FRI 5 MAR||BOOKED|
|SUN 7 MAR – FRI 12 MAR||BOOKED|
|SUN 14 MAR – FRI 19 MAR||BOOKED|
|SUN 21 MAR – FRI 26 MAR||BOOKED|
|SUN 28 MAR – FRI 2 APR||AVAILABLE|
|SUN 11 APR – FRI 16 APR||BOOKED|
|SUN 18 APR – FRI 23 APR||BOOKED|
|SUN 25 APR – FRI 30 APR||AVAILABLE|
|SUN 2 MAY – FRI 7 MAY||AVAILABLE|
|SUN 9 MAY – FRI 14 MAY||AVAILABLE|
|SUN 16 MAY- FRI 21 MAY||AVAILABLE|
|SUN 23 MAY- FRI 28 MAY||AVAILABLE|
So don’t hesitate. Call up a fishing partner or organise your own group, and phone us on 03 5773 2513 or 0418 995 611 to discuss the options. We are available from 8am – 11pm, every day.