TRIP DOT POINTS
- The perfect end of season trip for your group.
- Autumn in north-east Victoria offers some of the best weather and walk/wade fishing of the year.
- Based in the Bright area – we have access to a multitude of rivers including drift boating on the Mitta Mitta of conditions are right.
- Scheduled dates are listed below but this trip can be run at any time for groups of 4 – 8 anglers.
- Four full days of walk/wade and drift boat fishing (subject to water levels) on some of the best fly fishing rivers in Victoria at one of the best times of the season. Five days in total.
- Five nights of accommodation. For example Arrive Sunday – Fish Monday – Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday. Depart Friday.
- Trips can be run on the days of your choosing if you have a minimum of four in your group.
- Meals – Lunches are included. Breakfasts and dinners are a mixture of pay your own way / self-cater.
- All flies are provided.
- Guide : Client ratio 1:2. Minimum of four people per trip. Maximum of eight.
- This trip is for groups of four or larger groups of even numbers of anglers i.e. 4/6/8.
- $3,900 per person with four person minumum booking.
- A 50% deposit of $1,950 per person is required to secure bookings. Deposit is fully transferable to another date or trip/service if government restrictions prevent us from running a scheduled trip.
Fish the the north east region of Victoria over this Autumn and enjoy some of the best small stream action in the state. Included in the base package are five nights of accommdation and four full days of guided fishing, meaning you can arrive Sunday evening, fish Monday to Thursday, then depart on Friday morning, well-rested for the drive home.
Autumn is the perfect time to visit north east Victoria. Springtime often sees too much water in these rivers. In summer they can be too warm. But by mid-March the days are shorter and cooler, the nights are cold, and the rivers are in perfect condition for trout fishing. Low flowing streams at this time of year make for easy wading and the fish eager, as natural rhythms see them feeding intensely as late season hatches fire up before the calling to spawn takes hold.
Mayfly hatches can be epic. Ant falls out of this world. There are many opportunities to fish hatch-matching dry flies on light rods to fish to rising fish. Many more in fact than the rest of the season combined.
Autumn offers up some of the best fishing of the year.
But it’s not only about the weather and the fishing. Angling pressure is greatly reduced at this time of year. Outside of Easter and ANZAC Day, many of the rivers we fish are just too far away from Melbourne for day trippers, with the Monday – Friday format almost guaranteeing we have plenty of water to ourselves each day.
WADING AND DRIFT BOATS
This trip is based around walk-wade fishing. With access to literally dozens of rivers, from small mountain streams, to tailwaters like the Mitta Mitta; there is literally a lifetime of easily waded streams in the immediate vicinity of the towns that we base out of.
That being said; these trips will also have at least one drift boat made available to them; possibly two for larger groups. Having the option to drift the Mitta Mitta or to jump across the border to the Swampy if conditions are suitable, is a huge advantage and makes for an easy day should the legs be tired after a few days of wade fishing.
We suggest that you bring your favourite mueslis and cereals from home, as well as any bread, eggs etc for breakfasts so that we can be fishing without the need to be back to the shops during business hours.
Dinners are a mix of self-cater and eating out (pay your own way). There are many restaurants in the area we are based. We can source high quality and healthy frozen meals on your behalf from the Grant Street Grocer in Alexandra.
Alternatively, you may wish to bring your own frozen home-cooked meals. Many of our regular groups choose to self-cater in this way.
- Five nights accommodation Sunday to Thursday included.
- Four full days of guided fly-fishing Monday to Thursday. Walk/wade and drift boat.
- All flies, terminal tackle and the use of any gear if required.
- Transport to and from the base location e.g. Bright.
- Fishing licences.
- Breakfasts and dinners.
- Incidental purchases.
WHO IS THIS TRIP FOR?
This trip is suitable for fly fishers of any age, experience or fitness level. The only limiting factor is that it is a group trip for a minimum of 4 anglers and a maximum of 10.
While there are set dates listed below, this trip can be run at anytime/on demand for groups of four or more anglers.
|AVAILABLE DATES or pick any five day window!|
|SUN 26 MARCH – FRI 31 MARCH||AVAILABLE|
|SUN 16 APRIL – FRI 21 APRIL||AVAILABLE|
|SUN 7 MAY – FRI 12 MAY||AVAILABLE|
So don’t hesitate. Call up a fishing partner or organise your own group, and phone us on 03 5773 2513 or 0418 995 611 to discuss the options. We are available from 8am – 11pm, every day.